Event Day Tips & Procedures
The Day of Your Local Competition
1. Volunteers arrive at least 45 minutes before the competition starts,
2. Set up registration area – tables and chairs, check-in forms, clipboards, pens/pencils, and rules.
3. Set up lines for competition. Set out towels, measuring tapes, balls and tees. Two lines for every 100 participants are recommended with a minimum of six volunteers on each line.
Kids & Parents Arrival
1. Check-in each participant by verifying birth certificate and age group; have parent/guardian complete online registration if they are not on your list (two volunteers).
2. After checking in, participants are directed to the warm-up area.
3. After the participants have been welcomed, warmed-up in each skill and informed of the schedule of events, direct them to their assigned line and begin the competition.
4. Make sure the score sheets match the line each participant is in. SCORE SHEETS MUST BE LEGIBLE.
5. You either can have participants attempt their punts, passes and kicks at one time and be finished OR have participants go through the line and attempt each skill at one time. Be consistent and use one format for the entire day.
6. Keep the entire competition running as smoothly and quickly as possible without rushing the participants.
After Your Competition
1. Once the scores have been tabulated, make sure they are checked by two or more volunteers.
2. Awards (ribbons) are presented for each skill by age group from third to first announcing their scores and finally for overall results again by age group.
3. Once the award winners are determined for each skill and each group (there can be a maximum of 180 advancers ONLY), each should be informed they will receive notification from PPKUSA regarding the National Finals Competition.
Within 24 Hours of Competition
1. Submit advancers name and results and total numbers of participants to PP&K USA, Inc.
2. Make a copy of the qualifier’s information to keep for yourself and email ALL qualifier information and scores/results to PPKUSA.
3. We are looking to capture the total number of participants at each local event.
4. DO NOT DISPOSE OF ANY FORMS! Your competition will not be considered official if you do not submit your results prior to the next level of competition.